HARBOR SPRINGS, MI – Ski season may only be a few months away, but first it’s time for some of Northern Michigan’s biggest adventure resorts to show off a buffet of outdoor activities designed for fall fun.
Boyne Highlands, which sits just north of Petoskey near Harbor Springs, has a couple different fall vacation packages available right now. It also has an autumn lineup that includes tee times at its four scenic golf courses, more than a dozen miles of popular mountain biking trails – including some that invite you to take a chairlift to the top of the mountain – and ziplines and trail rides on horseback.
Check the activities available through Boyne Highland’s Adventure Center to help plan your trip.
Its outdoor pool and hot tub remains open outside the ivy-covered Main Lodge, as does its giant pool-turned-hot tub, which is just a short walk from the lodge.
Vacation Tip: End a day of outdoor fun by taking advantage of the late closing time of the big hot tub behind the resort’s Bartley House. On clear nights, it’s also a perfect spot for stargazing.
Here’s a closer look at the fall vacation package deals:
- Fall Midweek Special. This is available Sunday through Thursday in the fall. It offers savings and an escape from the weekend crowds.
- How the resort describes it: “Enjoy the quiet time of the fall season and receive 15% off of your stay. Take a hike through the rolling hills, or play 18-holes of golf and discover why our courses are part of Michigan’s Magnificent Ten portfolio. Use Code BHSPECIALS at checkout.” For more details, check here.
- Main Lodge Bed and Breakfast Package. This is available through Oct. 16, and is a good way to check out the newly-renovated rooms in the Main Lodge that opened to reservations this summer. Some feature king beds and sitting areas. Others offer queen beds or even a suite-like feel.
- How the resort describes it: “Fall in northern Michigan is a beautiful time of year. Come stay in one of our newly renovated Main Lodge guest rooms and enjoy breakfast in the Main Dining Room. Use code LODGEBANDB at checkout.” For more details, check here.
Boyne Highlands is a sister resort to Boyne Mountain in nearby Boyne Falls and the Inn at Bay Harbor, just south of Petoskey.
Headed to the Highlands? Here are a few things going on at the resort this fall:
- Fall Fest: Saturday, Oct. 2 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. This is a fall-themed day atop the mountain. “Take a scenic chairlift ride to Upper Camelot where you can take in the beautiful fall colors and Pure Michigan views.” For more details, check here.
- Back to School, Back to Ski: The resort is offering its 2021/22 passes at the lowest prices of the season. This deal ends Oct. 16. Find all the details and pricing information here.
Why this Michigan resort keeps Scottish Highland cattle grazing by its entrance
Boyne Highlands bike park offers new express lift for bikers
Inland lake, beachfront villas are hidden gems at this Northern Michigan ski resort