There are several ways to upgrade your weapons in Fortnite Season 8, so here are all of the Upgrade Bench locations and where you can find Weapon-o-Matic machines to purchase higher rarity guns.
Looting and crafting the best weapons possible is a significant factor in winning a game of Fortnite. All the builds in the world can’t save you if you can’t defend yourself, after all.
Fortnite is a battle royale, so there will always be some luck in finding the best weapons. However, you can eliminate some of this RNG and build the best loadout possible through upgrading and crafting.
Here’s everything you need to know about upgrading weapons in Fortnite Season 8:
Fortnite Season 8 Upgrade Bench locations
Several Weapon Upgrade Benches are scattered around the Season 8 map, so you should never be too far away from finding one. You can either consult the map from Fortnite.GG, or check out the detailed locations below.
- Lockies Lighthouse at the southern docking area
- Craggy Cliffs in the eastern garage
- Steamy Stacks in the center building
- Crashed Cargo east of Believer Beach
- Believer Beach in the trailer park
- Risky Reels behind the house
- Corny Crops in the eastern building where Madcap can be found
- Compact Cards north of Destroyed Dish
- Dirty Docks in the eastern warehouse
- Viking Vessel in the house to the north
- Dusted Depot east of The Aftermath
- The Durrr Burger
- Sherrif’s Office north-west of Lazy Lake
- Retail Row in the fenced-off electricity area
- Shanty Town at the southern dock
- Hydro 16 at the east side
- Catty Corner at the northern end
- Camp Cod inside the eastern building
How to use Fortnite Upgrade Benches in Season 8
Once you’ve found an Upgrade Bench, you need to approach it, press interact, and follow the prompt to upgrade your weapon’s rarity. But, it comes at a price.
Gold is now Fortnite’s currency, and you’ll need to spend it on upgrading your weapons in matches. Upgrade your weapon a couple of times can get pricey very quickly, so you need to decide if it’s worth all of the hard-earned cash.
Here’s how much it costs to upgrade your weapons in Fortnite:
- Common (grey) > Uncommon (green) = 200 Gold Bars
- Uncommon (green) > Rare (blue) = 300 Gold Bars
- Rare (blue) > Epic (purple) = 400 Gold Bars
- Epic (purple) > Legendary (orange) = 500 Gold Bars
Fortnite Weapon-o-Matic Vending Machine locations
If you need a quick weapon fix, Weapon-o-Matic Vending Machines can offer you a cheap alternative – if you’re lucky enough to find one. You won’t need to fork out hundreds of Gold to upgrade, but you can only do so the right upgrade is available.
It only costs 50 Gold Bars to purchase a new weapon from a Weapon-o-Matic machine, so it will be well worth your time checking what they have in stock.
You can check out the map above for every Weapon-o-Matic Vending Machine location.
How to craft weapons in Fortnite Season 8
Crafting has also returned in Fortnite Season 8 and can be a great way to build yourself some special weapons. All you need is a base weapon and Nuts and Bolts or Cube Monster Parts.
You can find the Nuts and Bolts all around the Fortnite island in chests and toolboxes, and the Cube Monster Parts are gained by defeating Sideways Monsters. Once you have these parts, here’s what you can craft:
- Pump Shotgun + Nuts and Bolts: Charge Shotgun
- Lever Action Shotgun + Nuts and Bolts: Charge Shotgun
- Assault Rifle + Nuts and Bolts: Suppressed Assault Rifle
- Burst Assault Rifle + Nuts and Bolts: Suppressed Assault Rifle
- Submachine Gun + Nuts and Bolts: Rapid Fire SMG
- Assault Rifle + Cube Monster Parts: Sideways Rifle
- Burst Assault Rifle + Cube Monster Parts: Sideways Rifle
How to upgrade Sideways Weapons in Fortnite Season 8
The Sideways spawns in a new area every game, and it can be very lucrative if you’re looking to upgrade your weapons. By using Cube Monster Parts on Sideways Weapons, you can upgrade the weapon’s rarity.
This starts cheap but quickly gets expensive, so you’ll need to take down quite a few Cube Monsters to upgrade these weapons.
Here’s how to upgrade Sideways Weapons in Fortnite Season 8:
- Enter the Sideways
- Open Sideways chests to get a Sideways Weapon
- Defeat Sideways Monsters and collect Cube Monster Parts
- Open up the Crafting Menu
- Craft the upgrade like you would a normal weapon
And that’s everything you need to know about upgrading weapons in Fortnite Season 8! You can also check out how to complete the Weekly Character Punchcard Quests.
Image Credit: Epic Games / Fortnite.GG